The Westwood Headband is a beginner-friendly, textured headband that pinches in the front. Comprised almost entirely of the double crochet stitch, the dynamic nature of this basketweave stitch pattern is sure keep your interest from start to finish. Because it is worked in one long rectangle, you are welcome to use any yarn weight by simply adjusting the beginning chain to establish the width of your headband.
The small, rectangular accent piece is worked last and wrapped around your main headband. This pinched detail is intended to be worn in the front to help frame the face while simultaneously hiding the seam, making this piece look completely seamless.
Yarn: Fingering—WeCrochet Stroll in Dove Heather
- 75% Fine Superwash Merino Wool; 25% Nylon
- 231 yds [211 m] per 1.76-oz [50-g] skein
- Find this yarn on crochet.com or visit yarnsub.com for similar substitutes
Yardage: 1 skein of WeCrochet Stroll or 190 yds (174 m) of a similar fingering weight yarn.
Hook: Size U.S. C/2 (2.75 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Notions: Tapestry needle
Finished headband measures 3.75" (9.5 cm) in width and 19" (48 cm) in circumference. Pattern is written to fit an average woman’s head of 21-23” (53-28 cm) as stated by the CYC.
- Adjust the width by adding or subtracting stitches in multiples of 6 from the foundation chain.
- Adjust the length by adding or subtracting rows in multiples of 4 until reaching your desired circumference.
Sign up for my email list here
to receive exclusive discounts on all PDF patterns.
View this pattern for free at knitsnknots.ca/westwood-headband
Thank you so much to anyone who purchases the PDF! I appreciate your support.
Pre-order my book Modern Crochet Sweaters here!
© 2021 KnitsNKnots, Designed by Janine Myska