Shop the Quail Ridge knit kit here!
Say hello to the Quail Ridge Poncho, your new favorite transitional layering piece featuring a clean, mitred V-neck and a wide center panel of squishy honeycomb cables running lengthwise down the front and back panels. In this pattern, you’ll explore cables, ribbing, stockinette, and garter stitch, keeping you engaged the whole way through. Plus, it is knit all in one piece, meaning there is no seaming involved!
For more information and additional photos, visit knitsnknots.ca/quail-ridge-poncho.
Worsted—Lion Brand Pound of Love
in Oxford Grey
- 100% Acrylic
- 1020 yds (932 m) per 16 oz (454 g) skein
- Find this yarn on lionbrand.com or visit yarnsub.com to find comparable substitutes.
2 skeins of Pound of Love, or 1800 yds (1646 m)
If substituting Lion Brand Pound of Love, choose any similar, category #4, worsted weight yarn that matches gauge. Always swatch before beginning to ensure you are happy with the resulting fabric.
Notions: Tapestry needle, 6 fixed stitch markers, 1 locking stitch marker, scrap yarn or stitch holder for placing stitches on hold
Needles: Size U.S. 10 (6 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge with the following suggested cord lengths:
- minimum of 29” (70 cm) cord for most of the project
- 16-20” (40-50 cm) cord for neckline, although the 29” (70 cm) cord can be used here as well
4 x 4" (10 x 10 cm) = 14 sts and 24 rows in stockinette
Width: 36” (91 cm)
Total Length: 32” (81 cm)
Depth from Bottom Edge to Top Edge of V-Neck Ribbing: 28.5” (72 cm)
TERMS + ABBREVIATIONS USED
BOR: beginning of round
C4B: cable 4 back - place next 2 sts on cable needle and hold to back of work, knit 2 sts off left needle, then knit 2 sts off cable needle
C4F: cable 4 front - place next 2 sts on cable needle and hold to front of work, knit 2 sts off left needle, then knit 2 sts off cable needle
K2tog: knit 2 stitches together (right-slanting decrease)
- Insert your right needle into the next 2 sts knitwise, treating them as 1, and knitting them together.
PM: place marker
RS: right side
S2KP: slip slip knit pass - Slip 2 knitwise together, knit 1, pass slipped stitches over
sm: slip marker
SSK: slip slip knit (left-slanting single decrease)
- Slip 1 st knitwise onto right needle, slip 1 more st knitwise onto right needle (this twists the orientation of two stitches), then slide them both back to your left needle. Insert right needle through the back loops of both slipped sts (from right to left) and knit them together.
WS: wrong side (the purl side of the stockinette sections)
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Immediately after purchase, you will instantly receive a digital download of the PDF crochet pattern. Please include your email when prompted (be sure it's spelled correctly). Please send me an email if you don’t receive the download link!
Book: Modern Crochet Sweaters: 20 Chic Designs For Everyday Wear
© 2022 KnitsNKnots, Designed by Janine Myska