Say hello to your new winter staple! This beginner-friendly knit capelet features a cozy turtleneck and a simple, yet eye-catching, fair-isle colorwork design along the bottom edge. Knit with large needles and super bulky weight yarn, this wintry layering piece works up in no time and is sure to keep you warm, shielding you from any harsh winds that may come your way. With instructions on adjusting the length, you can easily modify your Cedarcrest Capelet to suit your own personal taste.
Since this piece is knit in the round from the top-down with a circular yoke construction, your cozy capelet will have a completely seamless, clean finish with no front or back - just throw it on and go!
Yarn: Super Bulky—Knit Picks Tuff Puff in 2 colors – Silver and White
- 100% Wool
- 44 yds [40 m] per 3.5 oz [100 g] skein
- Find this yarn on knitpicks.com or visit yarnsub.com for similar substitutes
- 9 skeins - 390 yds (357 m) of Color A – Silver
- 1 skein - 40 yds (37 m) of Color B – White
Main Gauge Needle - Size U.S. 15 (10 mm) with several cables long enough to accommodate all sts as your project grows
- Sample used 24”, 32”, and 60” (60, 80, and 152 cm) cables, changing cable lengths whenever necessary
- If you have interchangeable needles, you can join cables together for extra length
Turtleneck Needle - Size U.S. 13 (9 mm)
or one size smaller than main gauge needle with 16” (40 cm) cable
or sizes needed to obtain gauge
Notions: Tapestry needle, 1 stitch marker to mark BOR
Finished capelet measures 88” (224 cm) in circumference, measured at the widest point. and 21.5" (55 cm) in length, measured from the turtleneck cast-on.
View this pattern for free at knitsnknots.ca/cedarcrest-capelet
Thank you so much to anyone who purchases the PDF! I appreciate your support.
Pre-order my book Modern Crochet Sweaters here!
© 2021 KnitsNKnots, Designed by Janine Myska