Shop the Hazy River Raglan knit kit here!
The Hazy River Raglan is a chunky stockinette sweater with a few intermediate elements: a folded, twisted-rib on the neckline and some fun short-rows at the top of the yoke to create a dip in the front neckline for a great-fitting, comfortable sweater. Use this pattern to make yourself a warm, winter wearable or to make a relatively quick gift for loved ones during the holidays!
Yarn: Super Bulky—Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Grey Marble
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
- 106 yds (97 m) per 6 oz (170 g) skein (for the regular sized skein, not the “bonus bundle”, though this large skein will work too - just be sure to get the correct total yardage for your size)
- Find this yarn on lionbrand.com or visit yarnsub.com to find comparable substitutes.
Important Yarn Note: Different colorways of this yarn contain varying yardage. Double check you have the correct total yardage before beginning rather than only looking at the number of skeins required.
6 (6, 7, 7, 8) (9, 10, 10, 11) skeins, or
- 550 (575, 650, 700, 775) (850, 975, 1015, 1075) yds
- 503 (526, 595, 640, 709) (777, 892, 928, 983) m
If substituting Wool-Ease Thick and Quick, choose any similar, category #6, super bulky weight yarn that matches gauge. Always swatch before beginning to ensure you are happy with the resulting fabric.
Notions: Tapestry needle, 8 fixed stitch markers plus 1 distinct stitch marker to mark BOR, scrap yarn for placing work on hold (I recommend using a contrasting color)
Main Gauge Needle: Size U.S. 15 (10 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Ribbing Needle: Size U.S. 11 (8 mm) or size that is 2 mm smaller than main gauge needle
with the following suggested cord lengths:
- 12-16” (30-40 cm) cord for neckline ribbing, yoke, and upper sleeves
- 32-40” (80-100 cm) cord for body, or cord long enough to accommodate all body sts for your size
- 8-9” (20-23 cm) circulars, DPNs, or your preferred method of smaller circumference knitting for the lower sleeve and cuffs. You can also use the magic loop method to complete the sleeves using a longer cord length, if preferred
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Immediately after purchase, you will instantly receive a digital download of the PDF crochet pattern. Please include your email when prompted (be sure it's spelled correctly). Please send me an email if you don’t receive the download link!
Book: Modern Crochet Sweaters: 20 Chic Designs For Everyday Wear
© 2022 KnitsNKnots, Designed by Janine Myska